By default, all SmartFile sub-domains use SSL. (https://yourcompany.smartfile.com). If you decide to use your own domain, and want an SSL certificate, SmartFile will register it for you. Below are the steps you need to take to secure an SSL:
Let SmartFile Register the SSL For You
1. SmartFile will generate the CSR for the subdomain you chose for your account (files.yourdomain.com).
2. SmartFile will place the order with GlobalSign based on the type of SSL you require.
3. GoDaddy will send a confirmation email to the Administrative Contact listed in your domain registration. If you want to verify that address
you can go to http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/(yourdomain.com)
4. Once your receive the confirmation email, click on the link and approve the order.
5. GlobalSign will issue the certificate and SmartFile will get it installed on our server.
6. You will need to updated your DNS record with the new CNAME that willbe provided to you when the certificate is installed.